Rare Diseases Denmark is a national alliance of 53 rare disease societies. Rare Diseases Denmark’s work is based on volunteers and a minor professional secretariat. Rare Diseases Denmark was founded in 1985 under the name KMS – The Danish Association for Rare Diseases. Our main tasks are:
- To advocate the interests of people suffering from rare diseases and work to secure access to relevant diagnostics, care and ressources
- To establish and disseminate knowledge about living with a rare diseases
- To be a platform for the member societies.
People living with rare diseases face similar problems. The number of patients for each group are few and the diseases unknown. Consequently, little knowledge and awareness of the diseases have been accumulated – neither in the health care sector nor in the social and educational sectors. In Denmark serious, chronic diseases with a prevalence of less than 2 in 10.000 persons are regarded as rare.
Board of Directors
- President: Mrs. Birthe Byskov Holm, The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Society of Denmark firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicepresident: Mrs. Liselotte Wesley Andersen, The Danish Tuberous Sclerosis Association email@example.com
- Treasurer: Mr. Preben Sindt, The Danish Rett Syndrome Association firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Jonas Lauridsen, The Danish Bladder exstrophy Association email@example.com
- Mr. Per Skramsø, The Danish Ehlers-Danlos Association firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Annika Dybdal, The Danish Protein Degradation Defect Association email@example.com
- Ms. Jane Villemoes, The Danish Angelman Organisation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Mette Grentoft, The Danish Williams Syndrome Association email@example.com
- Mr. Søren Lildal, The Danish Apert Association firstname.lastname@example.org
Rare Diseases Denmark is a member of the Rare Diseases Nordic Network.
Letter of intent nordic – may 2014
Rare Diseases Denmark is a member of the European alliance EURORDIS
Further publications (Only available in Danish)
Rare Diseases Denmark
Blekinge Boulevard 2
Phone: +45 3314 0010